suggestions on laptops over a macbook pro?

ggamannom

I'm looking to purchase a laptop in the near future, probably around summer and I wanted to be sure on what exactly to look at when purchasing a laptop. I'm getting hyped up on the new mac that came out recently, so do you guys have any suggestions on laptops better than the macbook pro 15"??

i'm not much of a gamer so i won't need a great vid card, but i like to watch my share of shows in hd. :D

open to any suggestions on laptops that equal or better the macbook pro in speed, memory space (as i like to have a lot of songs readily in my laptop and not in an external), weight, and BATTERY LIFE all the while keeping it under $1500 or around there??

Cameldude

Dude just buy the Mac!!!!!!!

On the other note, just went on the website and none of them have full HD screens, but they can play it, and 720p.

I would just get it, its i7, nice ram and speed of processor and you are defo not gona find any with 7 hours of battery life, which can actually do it and still have good performance. to be honest i have same problem as you since buying new laptop this summer and since i have my desktop for gaming, i will need something for just traveling and things like that, also have huge song collection, but all on my ipod so i do not mind i would probably get the one with an SSD, (ipod synced with desktop)

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Just get the MBP. I doubt you'll find another laptop that even comes close in terms of battery life (unless you want bulky batteries that stick out of the laptop).

ggamannom

op here,

how about the hp envy 14? i know it's not as popular as before but I thought it just offers more than a macbook pro would. i'm not sure how it compares to the new mbp but what do you think? with the extra battery, while it may be a bit thicker wouldn't it be somewhat comparable to the mbp battery life?

wolfeking

banned
the 9 cell HP battery on the C2D (DV7) model lasted about 4hours. I doubt that even with a 12 cell would push past 7 hours like the macbook can.

DMGrier

VIP Member
HP currently offers the most for battery life and performance for PC makers but there is a problem, HP battery are not the best as far as how long thet will last. When I was in the Market for a PC I looked into there forum they have and the average user at most gets a year on there battery before it life is cut in half if not more.

Your best bet is the mac, it is not just about the hardware inside. The Dell listed in my specs used to run Windows 7 and I once did a comparison between my laptop and my buddies Macbook and his computer had the core 2 duo with 2 GB of memory and a 5400 rpm HDD. His laptop would open programs faster then mine and would be able to run more programs with using less system resources.

Basically your hardware is important but just as importantly the OS makes the huge difference.

Best I could find for a PC with battery life.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...oslp/psg/notebooks/Ultra-Portable/dm4t_series