Super Desk

kswindell

Here it goes. My first attempt at building a desk. My first attempt at building a computer. My first attempt at water cooling. I'm going to need you guys dearly.

Moving into a house in less than a month so I'm going a lot for the ultimate office.

So I think i've decided on my new custom build with help of people here at OC. I'll get into that later. First I want some opinions on the desk an an placement of things.

5ai74o.png

Here is the front. I want everything to be very sleek. The plan is for nothing to be visible except monitors, keyboards, an mice/mouses lol. The left side will be basic drawers for storage an such. Right side will be cabinets. Basically will be an AV cabinet. I like my feet up so I'm building a lower box. The box needs work in the render. It wil got in about 6 to 8 inches in the center to allow my chair to scoot up. I sim race so the hole is to allow for my pedals for my G25 to scoot all the way back.

nzr60g.png

Here is the back. Its all a little rough still. Basically the motherboards will be space out about 6 inches off the central wall. which will leave about 6 inches to the back wall. which will have a plexi or glass cut out to allow the beauty of each pc to shine. they'll be boxed off so that wires and water lines can run seamless out of the back an sides. The holes in the left side are for cable management out of the AV cabinet. It all needs to be revised since i decided to make the motherboard placement symmetrical now. The rear can be a little messy since the real wall will be removal for work an the only thing visible from the outside is the 2 PC windows. So it will be more user friendly than visually beautiful. But i still plan to try.

I plan to mount the fans very neatly in that removable back wall. Place some kind nice looking grill over it all.

So i need advice on placing the water cooling unit, what i need for intake exhaust, radiator.

I understand the general aspect of how to run the water. Everything else is a blur lol

So hopefully with the help of you guys I can make this awesome, learn some things an we can all have some fun.

kswindell

Working today on laying out the back of the desk for where everything to go.

Bought a big piece of insulation sheathing to draw on. Hard to get 6' x 3' or bigger of anything

2ylmivc.jpg