Surprise me

vroom_skies

VIP Member
$1400 budget for tower components.
I'll be coming up with my version, interested to see what you guys come up with.
Case is already chosen & the mobo will be matx
Bob
 
Last edited:
Just the internal components.
- CPU
- Mobo
- GPU
- RAM
- PSU
- SSD (for boot)

All else is taken care of. Mobo must be matx & psu must be modular.
Other then that all else is open.

I've been out of the loop for a long time, so I'm not sure what the upcoming tech is. Don't have a clue what Intel/ AMD have up their sleeves, same goes for Nvidia/ ATI.
 
Cater the build towards gaming as that will be the most intensive aspect.
Other main uses will be photoshop and general media.
 
Vroom id wait just a little bit longer,AMD will release their Phenom 2 X6 soon i think. (6 core goodness!)

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-1055T-Processor-HDT55TFBGRBOX/dp/B003FVNC0Q

http://www.computerforum.com/174118-phenom-ii-x6s.html

Im seriusly considering getting one of those when its released :)

Thanks for the info Nev :good:
The only way I'd wait for the PII's would be if they are significantly better then the I7's and for all I know they could be haha.
Though at this point in time I can't see there being a huge benefit to 6 cores over 4. If anyone has any info regarding that I'd love to hear it, as I've not done any research on the matter.
 
OK with $1400 -

- CPU + RAM - i7 930 + G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 6GB DDR3 2000 F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH
- Mobo - ASUS Rampage II GENE
- GPU - XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1 GB
- PSU - Thermaltake W0319RU 850W
- SSD (for boot) Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M080G2XXX 2.5" 80GB
 
Thanks for the info Nev :good:
The only way I'd wait for the PII's would be if they are significantly better then the I7's and for all I know they could be haha.
Though at this point in time I can't see there being a huge benefit to 6 cores over 4. If anyone has any info regarding that I'd love to hear it, as I've not done any research on the matter.

From the article I've read, it seems Phenom IIx6 is not really get the extra benifit on gaming...
 
OK with $1400 -

- CPU + RAM - i7 930 + G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 6GB DDR3 2000 F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH
- Mobo - ASUS Rampage II GENE
- GPU - XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1 GB
- PSU - Thermaltake W0319RU 850W
- SSD (for boot) Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M080G2XXX 2.5" 80GB

Nice build,If it has to be i7 Vroom then thats a great build :):good:

From the article I've read, it seems Phenom IIx6 is not really get the extra benifit on gaming...

I dunno,I was thinking of getting one and then overclocking to at least 4Ghz,I should immagine it will be pretty nippy and great for gaming.
Ive gone off intel because theyre overpriced....and keep switching sockets too many times.

Surely it wil be better than my Q6600 :confused: :P
 
Looks pretty sweet, though I'd swap the GPU for another one (Saphire, for example) because they come with nice third party coolers. Here's what I'd go with.

I'm lovin' the case, the p180's are known for being nice and quiet, though I'd expect the Xfx to be a bit loud for your liking, since it's using the stock cooler. Which is why I would go with the Saphire.

A Bit expensive, but I would be looking at the Antec Truepower (TP), or a Seasonic. Besides, you have a $1400 budget so you want the PSU to be nice and quiet (even at a high/full load) whilst having a good efficiency rate (both the PSU's I mentioned do)

Personally, I would get the Antec TP 650
 
Back
Top