Suspect BitDefender causing problems

johnnyb58

I think BitDefender is the cause of all my internet problems and supper slow computer. Task Manager shows 14 instances of BitDefender running in the background with most of them sharing the same name. I don’t know if that’s normal, but it seems excessive and I suspect more than one installation because I never completely uninstalled it the last few times I renewed it. I remember the first time I renewed it everything was uninstalled automatically before reinstalling and it hasn’t done that for a few years.

Does anyone else use BitDefender and know how many applications are loaded up each time?

Intel_man

VIP Member
1701648671932.png
That's what my Task Manager shows for me regarding Bitdefender.

What's the application that's taking up most of your CPU usage on Task Manager? If all the bitdefender instances are at 0% like mine, it's not causing your slow down.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I know Avast used to cause all kinds of internet and pc problems a few years ago. Finally got rid of it and on clients pc's when I came across it. The only thing you can do is uninstall it temporarily and see if there is a difference.

johnnyb58

You can always, you know, disable/uninstall and test. Isolate some variables. Kind of like troubleshooting.

It's more likely that you simply installed too much garbage.
Thanks, I did plan on doing that and now I'm also thinking about reinstalling Google Chrome because things come almost to a halt when I go on Facebook and YouTube at the same time