Swapping out 16GB RAM for 32GB of RAM

dell

Got my eye on this gaming pc.

AlphaSync RTX 3070 Ryzen 7 16GB RAM​

Thats the thing though, I wish it had 32 GB of Ram. The PC only has ONE Ram slot. For this pc would I be able to just take out the 16GB Ram stick and replace it with a 32GB Ram Stick??

thanks

dell

What makes you think that? It only has 1x 16GB RAM stick. Just buy another 16GB stick.
The listing states (1x16GB) and a user on the site asked a owner, the user asked ''This says 1 X 16GB RAM but surely it's 2 X 8GB?, Typo?'' the owner replied ''No, it really does have one 16Gb stick fitted'' Now I relize what you are saying, we dont know for a fact if the pc only has ONE slot. But if it did could I just swap it out for a 32GB ram stick? I hope that it does have at least 2 slots, then you are correct I would just install another 16GB ram stick. But the way it sounds on the listing seems otherwise. But im now starting to think your are right, maybe the pc does have two slots, with just one slot occupied

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
It depends on the motherboard. RAM capacity varies by model, and some can only support up to 16GB per slot.

Honestly you're better off buying individual parts and building it yourself. Who knows what low end crap is in that PC.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely a desktop computer will have at least 2 slots for memory and pc manufacturers like only populating only 1 slot to save money. I haven't seen a board with just 1 slot in years.

WDLV

is there anything that needs to be done after swapping the ram? or is it just plug and play?

geek 0001

right on thanks!

got in installed this morning.

pretty sure everything is as it should be

View attachment 10129

are there any tests or anything i need to run to make sure all is well?
Your motherboard is an ASUS PRIME B450M-A according to the listing. My research says that the board should have four RAM slots This means that you could get your memory is running in dual channel for optimum performance. You might notice that the colours of the slots alternate. Make sure you install the second RAM stick in a slot that is the same colour as the other one, ie. miss one slot and plug into the next one. It won't be a problem to not run it in this mode, but you get faster RAM in dual channel. ;)