Switch to Xbox

jamesd1981

Hey all, looking for some opinions on long term future of console gaming

Given all Microsoft`s recent studio purchases including the likely purchase of Activision, it seems like Microsoft is heavily committing themselves to Xbox long term

The above along with PC integration like Xbox play anywhere and the famous gamepass, has me wondering if despite my playstation library, is it better to bite the bullet and move now or inevitably move later

lucasbytegenius

I was PC-only until a couple years ago, when I bought a Series X. Now I don't want to play on my PC as often anymore—I want to pick up a controller and play, not fiddle with graphics settings and garbage publisher launchers.

Game Pass is great and makes the transition easier on the wallet, though you will end up buying a few games outside of the catalog (Cyberpunk 2077, Elden Ring, and codfish: MW2 for me). They do remove games periodically from Game Pass, but before they're removed Microsoft slaps a decent discount on them.

Is it better to bite the bullet now? If you're making that decision based on long-term predictions, then no. I recommend finding a compelling reason within the present offering. For me it was the more polished user experience, the huge Game Pass catalog, and the ability to run most games at 4K 60 FPS.

If you're into Sony exclusives though, you'll want to keep the PlayStation or PC around.