Switching between speakers and headset

Chillty

Hello, i'm new here so i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I hope it's okay.

My problem is having to switch between speakers and headset manually. Every time I want to listen to my speakers, I have to go behind my computer and unplug my headset, and when I want to listen to my headset again I have to go behind to plug in the USB. This can happen several times a day.
I'm not sure if this can cause wear to the USB ports?
Either way, I would love to know if there is any sort of program that allows me switch between headset and speakers without manually having to to unplug/plug in the USB's.

Thanks,
-Chillty

strollin

If you right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray and select "Playback devices", you should be able to select which installed playback device (speakers or headset) to use for output without unplugging anything.

agboudreau48

If for whatever reason that doesn't work, you can also go into your control panel under audio devices and do it there as well. I know that for whatever reason when I have had to reset my computer, I had to go into my control panel to change the default device.