Switching OS

shupola

i have a compaq presario notebook with windows xp and was wondering if i could buy and install mac os x panther and get rid of windows? also would all of my mp3 and other programs such as games and instant messaging be comatible with mac or would i have to reinstll them?

Travo925

No, Macintosh OS's are only compatible on mac computers. Panther is only compatible with newer macs. If ya want to run a different os, your only real choice would be linux, which I would advise against cause it is a pain to install. but, if you really have your heart set on putting Mac OS X on it, they sell emulators for windows, like they sell emulators for mac that mimic a windows setting such as virtual PC.

Baddogg79

I switched from windows to linux about 3 months ago. You should do some research before the switch. Like to see if the hardware is compatible. Some printers have no support in linux. The easies linux i used is Mepis 3.3 You can get it at mephis.org There is also alot of other linus sites. Just do research before you decide. I had no programing knowledge before linux, but its pretty easy to learn :cool:

pepper7615

Linux is by far your best bet, mac has such a different take on hardware and software that the pc does not understand. Just different Architecture.