switching to windows 10

Hey guys I am wondering if i should switch to windows 10 permanently I had some issues with windows 10 lately so i went back to 7 but I am not sure what i should do? I look forward to hearing from you guys thanks.

beers

Staff member
Did you do an upgrade install instead of a clean Windows 10 install? Some people doing the upgrade side have had lots of issues.

AlienMenace

After you make the clean install, I would put all the hardware drivers in next and then finish out the Windows updates. Might help. If upgrading from 7, make sure the computer has all the updates of everything before upgrading to 10.

I definitely recommend Windows 10. I think it's fantastic. I love the search bar. Resource management and battery life is great. It has DX 12 support (if that ever catches on). Day to day use is noticeably faster and smoother than Windows 8. Driver support is good as well. No reason not to upgrade in my opinion.

Hey guys I am wondering if i should switch to windows 10 permanently I had some issues with windows 10 lately so i went back to 7 but I am not sure what i should do? I look forward to hearing from you guys thanks.
Gabe, I have two desktops that I run Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) on.

The newer one is an Acer I got from Bangkok a couple years ago. I formatted the primary drive and installed a clean copy of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on, when I built (modified) it.

The other is a Dell that had Windows 7 on it, from the time I brought it home from a visit to the states, four years ago. I updated some hardware and upgraded the O/S several months after 10 was released. The (Dell) C Drive is a SSD. From the time I press the start button, I can begin computing in 18 seconds. Fastest boot time ever, on any desktop I have owned. 10 is also the first Windows O/S that I haven't had to do a reinstall about once per year, in order to speed (clean) it up again.

I only install the O/S on the C Drive. I install all software / applications on an internal data drive. Not sure if that has made any difference in my situation? But, so far, so good. My desktops are run from my E Drives, as well.

I would suggest backing up your important files, software (Applications), etc., and do a clean installation again.

Last edited: