System Freeze

thenewjdevil

I have a Compaq Presario 1800t.

Problem is, when the laptop is shaken even the slightest, the system will feeze and the monitor will get lines across it. Ctr+Alt+Del will not shut it off, and even sometimes when holding down the power button for 5 seconds will just bring it to a black screen while still running. I have opened it up and checked all of the LCD connections and they seem to be secure. Any ideas?

Also after about 2 minutes of use, it gets warm on the bottom, more so on the right hand side. All of the fans work. I think this heat problem is causing multiple WI-FI cards to be shot. They work for a couple of hours and then they quit (forever). :eek:

Any help would be appreciated!

alanuofm

VIP Member
make sure the hard drive is screwed in tightly. if it is under warranty heat issues should be dealt with by the company due to voiding of warranty. however you could remove the processor and heatsink and apply some artic silver on it. my inspiron 600m was having heat issues and that fixed it.

Johnnyboy0056

my laptop had a problem with freezing becuase of movement....it was actually because i had a bad cd rom drive. check to make sure that is secure by taking it out and reattaching it.