Windows 7 System Restore files get constantly deleted

Ma-dazz

I recently installed Windows 7 on my machine and noticed all my System Restore files get outright deleted every one or two days. Things I tried so far:

-make the storage size cap for storing system restore files a lot bigger than normal
-run sfc /scannow
-run CHKDSK
-turn "Volume Shadow Copy" and "Task Scheduler" service rules to "Automatic"
-turn on the "SystemRestore" task on the Task Scheduler to make a System Restore snapshot almost as soon as my computer boots up
-delete the pagefile then turn it back to "system managed" (I couldn't achieve defragmenting it specifically although I wanted to because I didn't know how)
-run disk defragmenting software at all times
-update my OS with the latest updates from Windows Update

None of those worked. If that helps, my Task Scheduler is a bit buggy lately, as some of the tasks in there don't show up (they inexplicably vanished from that program after I configured the startup of some telemetry tasks). However, the files of these tasks still exist in my machine.

Agent Smith

If task manager is buggy, and system restore is giving you issues, then it sounds like Windows is corrupt. When you run sfc /scannow did you even read the log? Go into event viewer under administrative tools, and under the system logs right click it, chose find and enter chkdisk.

It could even be a bad HDD or RAM. I hope you're not defragging a SSD.