System tray modifications?

H_L

In windows 10 Is there any way of expanding the system tray permanently BUT only showing what icons I want?

See I can get it to expand by turning on "always show all icons in the notifications area" but then you can't turn off individual icons.

Also I can get to choose what icons I have BUT I have to turn off the "always show all icons in the notifications area" which means the system tray is not expanded permanently.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated :)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Right click task bar, click on taskbar settings, then under notification area click on select which icons to appear on the taskbar.

H_L

Right click task bar, click on taskbar settings, then under notification area click on select which icons to appear on the taskbar.

Thanks for your reply :)
I've tried that and I can't select any as the switch is grayed out. If I turn off "always show all icons in the notification area" then I can select which apps I want BUT the notification area is then not permanently extended I have to click the arrow to expand it.

It's not to much of an issue for me but it's for my dad that doesn't know much about computers. I'm trying to get windows 10 as simple as possible for him.
Cheers

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried locking the taskbar? Also have you installed one of the programs that give you an actual start menu instead of windows 10 menu?