T420 Thinkpad Screen

swipf1993

Hey guys, its been awhile since ive been on here lol, which is kinda a good thing because I haven't been having any issues with my computers. Well, until now. I recently grabbed my T420 Thinkpad that I haven't powered up in 5 months and was going to use it. I open it up and lo and behold theres a crack going across the screen and a giant black blotch going along with that crack.... so yeah I need a new screen.. is it pretty straight forward swapping out a screen on these? My dad has 2 L420s sitting at his place and I can use one for parts if I wished... just wondering if their parts compatible. Thank guys.

swipf1993

never mind. screens sucks ass in the l420.... I just answered my own question lol. sorry for the waste of a thread guys... it kinda sucks though because I hope this wont be a big deal to swap out.

Darren

Staff member
Not even worth it.

Screens are easy though, just don't break the bezel and usually you're good.

Darren

Staff member
As old as that laptop is, it's not in my opinion worth the money to repair the screen.

swipf1993

As old as that laptop is, it's not in my opinion worth the money to repair the screen.

No offense bud but your way off here. The laptop works flawlessly has a ssd an i love it for traveling an doing what i do.

My main real question was if i could source the l420 screen in my t420...

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I can tell you right now that the screen connector for each screen is in a different spot. And you'll need the right screen resolution as the T series can have either 1366x768 or 1600x900 while the L series will only have 1366x768 and they are made differently. See images.

l420.jpg t420.jpg