Tablet PC's

tobywuk

Im dyslexic and because of this I am able to choose between a free laptop, desktop or tablet pc laptop for free.

I do not know much about tablet pc's but what do you think of them and are they useful? Are they generally more expensive than a normal notebook because if i don't get on with it i could always sell it and get something different.

I would imagine in tablet form they would be good for writing, but i prefer typing and i type quicker than i write. Although it would be cool to interact with it i a different way I don't see that it would be much of an improvement over the normal way with a laptop.

What do you think, should i go for the tablet over a laptop?

PohTayToez

Holy smokes, dyslexia comes with a free laptop!?!?!?

What are you limited to? If nothing, just get an Alienware laptop, eBay it and then buy something that's actually decent and pocket the extra money. :p

As for tablet/notebook... tablets are generally more expensive and have less power, and I don't think I've ever seen one with a half decent gaming configuration, but if school is your thing then it might be a better choice.

I understand wanting to type notes, but the cool thing with a tablet is you can do both. In your english classes you can type out anything, then when you get to math/science/physics where you need to use characters that you couldn't normally type easily, or draw charts or diagrams then that's where the tablet really shines.