Task Manager is not appearing!

maximilian2006

I am using Windows Vista and recently I just found out that the Task Manager is not working or not appearing. When I do the right click on the Taskbar, I see the word "Task Manger" in gray which is not working. Before I see it in black which I can use it. I don't know what I have done. How do I make it back to black? Any help would be thanks. I am waiting for your help, and please help me. Thank You.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Could be anything, but my first guess would be some kind of virus/malware (just got the gut feeling...) what kind of A/V, spyware&malware protection do you have?

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Oh Cohen, Cohen... first sentence of the post:
I am using Windows Vista and recently I just found out that the Task Manager is not working or not appearing.

@OP - I would suggest scanning your computer in Safe Mode (If it boots up/works in safe mode, that is). You could also try downloading installing Spyware Terminator and Spybot S&D and see if they come up with anything, it might be a Virus Norton has missed though I think it's unlikely. I wonder why cohen didn't tell you to post HT log, I got the feeling this is when we actually do need it ;) if you don't know what I'm talking about, someone's going to post instructions on getting HT or ComboFix logs so don't worry (I can't help here, sorry, not an expert in this area)

Last edited: