Task Manager Process Enquiry

1960darrenh

Hi Chaps.

Does anyone know what these Processes that are running on my Pc are?

Zlclient
csrss.exe
ctfmon.exe
Lsass.exe
Winlogon
Spoolsv.exe
Cidaemon.exe
Cisvc.exe
Alg.exe
Wdfmgr.exe
Smss.exe

These are just the ones running that I dont know what they are for. I actually have 31 Procceses running everytime I Boot Up. Only about 5 of them are Programs that dont need to be run so I still have 26 Procceses that perhaps dont need to be going. I currently have a 1.5Gb Page File too!

Geoff

VIP Member
csrss.exe, lsass.exe, winlogon, spoolsv.exe are windows related i know, i think some more are but i cant be certain.

If you want to know more about each process, try googling it.

celsdogg

you could look up all of those on google. i know zclient is zone alarm. there are several windows processes there that are fine.

JustCallMeBob

Yiikes, relax man, no need to scream, im right here ;). Look here, and you'll figure out terminating all those 26 aint the smartest thing to do. Besides 31 aint really that many.

EDIT: Misspelled the link :rolleyes:

JustCallMeBob

No hes the man and im one of those losers hanging in this forum. I just happened to be writing my own reply.

EDIT: And i didnt say he couldnt terminate some of those 26. I said terminating ALL, since he said: I still have 26 Procceses that perhaps dont need to be going. I thought it sounded like he meant all of them.

Last edited: