Temp

Donaldmac

Hi guys was wondering if anyone could tell me if i can check my computer temps and controll my fans in my desktop without having to put in a fan controller etc? And if so how would i go about doing it i am running windows 7 home premium 32 bit any help would be greatful cheers Donald

CrazyMike

Hi guys was wondering if anyone could tell me if i can check my computer temps and controll my fans in my desktop without having to put in a fan controller etc? And if so how would i go about doing it i am running windows 7 home premium 32 bit any help would be greatful cheers Donald

Real Temp is pretty good with the CPU core temps. As for GPU Temps i use a widget from microsoft for NVIDIA graphics cards. It's ok, but i am sure there are better ones out there.

As for fan control, I think the only two fans that can be controlled is the GPU fan with control panel of that specific GPU (NVIDIA has one) and to control your CPU fan is in the BIOS in which shouldn't need adjusting seeing as it is set to go off at certain temps (increasing in RPM's as temps increase.

If it was me, i would just put in a fan control unit. You can pick one up for less then $30. The one i want is $70 in which is touch screen and shows RPM of fans in which controls five fans. I seen it on YouTube.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: PC WIZARD is kind of all-in-one, I would recommend checking it out. Not only can you have a smal widget (not fancy) to read temps and stuff, but it is the easiest way to see all of you components and adjust some settings.

Last edited:

Psychedelic

Enter the bios on startup, i have to press "delete" to enter mine. You can adjust fan speed and check the temp.

Donaldmac

Thanks folks i have bought a LCD temp display but it does not have a control option it was only £6 so not dear at all but will invest in a proper fan controller and a touch screen does sound rather good:D