Test Drive Unlimited PC MEGAPACK, announced!

Justin

VIP Member
if they would fix that stupid 'servers always beeing offline' issue, it might be worth getting.

always offline? i just finished playing tdu a few minutes ago.:( but sorry to tell you, it's not a patch, just all the cars the xbox360 players got.

Archangel

VIP Member
like said, If they would fix that the server always appear to be offline, it mihgt be worth getting. (I never said that this extra contend would fix it ;) ) I dont know, but the game beeing buggy seems the only explonation for the servers always beeing offline for me.

Justin

VIP Member
like said, If they would fix that the server always appear to be offline, it mihgt be worth getting. (I never said that this extra contend would fix it ;) ) I dont know, but the game beeing buggy seems the only explonation for the servers always beeing offline for me.

well, i don't know any solution to your problem as i never encountered that sort of situation with myself or any other tdu player. :(

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
excellent,I still have not got TD:U :mad:

the only computer game store near me has about nearly every new game out and alot of old games such as the first age of empires but not TD:U :mad:

i asked them if i could order a copy so they would get one in.....they said they dont do orders :mad:

how pathetic is that :eek:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
atm no i havnt tried anymore.
theres only 2 stores in town where i live and both did not have it.

il probably go the weekend and go to another town near me and try there.

Justin

VIP Member
Can't wait to tune the Koenigsegg CCX! Me and jbenekeorr got to 260mph in a tuned CC8S!

Nice one. :) I got my CC8S up to 440 kmh. :D

I want all the Ferrari's, RUF RT12, RUF R-Turbo, Lambo Murcielago Roadster, Lambo Diablo GT, Lambo Countach, Koenigsegg CCX, and the first car I'll buy, Mercedes CLK-GTR!!! :eek:

Noir

I wonder why everyone talked this game now, its a bit to late right like its not a new anymore.
What kind of racing game is it? And is the gameplay any good?
Right now the most enjoyable racing game that i know is nfs most wanted (since i dont like the nfs carbon and prostreet concept) and for rally are dirt and sega rally.

Justin

VIP Member
I wonder why everyone talked this game now, its a bit to late right like its not a new anymore.
What kind of racing game is it? And is the gameplay any good?
Right now the most enjoyable racing game that i know is nfs most wanted (since i dont like the nfs carbon and prostreet concept) and for rally are dirt and sega rally.

what makes tdu unique from other racing games out there is that it's an MMOR (massively multiplayer online racing game). it's set on the hawaiian island of Oahu. the game is free roaming(like in the previous nfs games), you can free ride with up 7 players at a time. tdu features a huge selection of cars, including various supercars like the koenigsegg cc8s, enzo ferrari, and the pagani zonda just to name a few. ;)

Noir

what makes tdu unique from other racing games out there is that it's an MMOR (massively multiplayer online racing game). it's set on the hawaiian island of Oahu. the game is free roaming(like in the previous nfs games), you can free ride with up 7 players at a time. tdu features a huge selection of cars, including various supercars like the koenigsegg cc8s, enzo ferrari, and the pagani zonda just to name a few. ;)

But its still got the single player career right? Or do it have to online everytime? Is the megapack free to download?
Oh do you know about race sims (like gtr2)? What kind of racing is it?

Justin

VIP Member
it's not a race sim. it's an arcade style racing game. there is a single player career, no storyline though. if you do choose to have an online profile, the single player races are visible on the map as well as multiplayer races. like the previous nfs games, you'll have to drive around to get to the races. if you're not racing, you can just drive around with other people around the island.

the megapack will cost money and will be available only through download. it'll cost less than 10 euros. everything you need to know is in the first post on this thread. it will updated as more detail on the megapack is released.
http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthread.php?t=3350

Justin

VIP Member
Whats a race sims? Can u explain it to me.

race sims are well, racing simulators.

quoted from Wikipedia.
Sim (simulated) racing is the collective term for computer software (i.e. a vehicle simulation game) that attempts to simulate accurately auto racing (a racing game), complete with real-world variables such as fuel usage, damage, tire wear and grip, and suspension settings. To be competitive in sim racing, a driver must understand all aspects of car handling that make real-world racing so difficult,[1] such as threshold braking, how to maintain control of a car as the tires lose traction, and how properly to enter and exit a turn without sacrificing speed. It is this level of difficulty that distinguishes sim racing from "arcade" driving games where real-world variables are taken out of the equation and the principle objective is to create a sense of speed as opposed to a sense of realism

examples are"
- Gran Turismo
- rFactor
- Live For Speed
- BMW M3 Challenge
- RACE07
- Forza (?)