?: Texting on a PC

greyhoundrick

Hello,

I am a 30 year Mac user and I was wondering what would be the best way to text on a PC much like I do with my MacBook Pro?

Ive tried Googling, but cant seem to get a good handle on it. Is there a particular app that you would recommend?

Would an app be able to allow for contacts, group texts etc?

thanks so much for helping me with this. I am starting to use Windows more and more but have a lot to learn!

best to you,

Rick

Darren

Staff member
iPhone or Android?

If Android, I use AirDroid. Although I'm assuming you're talking about having used iMessage on your Macbook for an iPhone.

greyhoundrick

thanks so much for responding Darren and voyagerfan99!

I appreciate it.

Yes, I have an iPhone 7+ but when my contract runs out I think Im going to try my first Android phone ever. On my iPhone my battery will be at 100% at 5am, and will be almost out by 11am.

I will check out Pushbullet. Can you use it with an iPhone?

Thanks again!

Rick

beers

Staff member
On most carriers you can just send an email to a text number or vice versa. Try sending yourself a text to your email address, that will give you the email address you can send texts to from a PC or email service.

For example, mine is
[email protected]

Darren

Staff member
I use Pushbullet to text from my phone through my computer.
They still charging monthly? Pushbullet seemed nice when I tried it but you had such a low amount of free texts before needing a monthly sub. AirDroid has like... 500... maybe even more and I never hit it. Notification mirroring sometimes even lights up before my phone does.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
They still charging monthly? Pushbullet seemed nice when I tried it but you had such a low amount of free texts before needing a monthly sub. AirDroid has like... 500... maybe even more and I never hit it. Notification mirroring sometimes even lights up before my phone does.
I pay yearly, but yes.