"The build" - Changed my mind again!

helmie

Hi,
Im back from my hols now, and after playing doom 3 i an internet cafe, ive decided to hold on till my birthday / christmas to build my comp. This will leave me nore time for saving up cash for better parts. (And ill get some parts for Borthday/Christmas :D )

Anyway, my build has gone from -

3.2GHz Pentium 4 800Mhz 2MB Cache Skt 775
Asus P5P800 M/B
Thermaltake CL-P0092 Heatsink/Fan With Artic Silver compound
512MB Kingston, then Upgraded to Corsair 2GB Dual Channel
Maxtor 200GB SATA HDD
LG 16X52 DVD-ROM
NEC 16X16 DVD+/-RW
Mitsumi Floppy Drive
Point of View GeForce 6200A 256MB (AGP) then up to PNY Verto GeForce 6800 GT 256MB
eBuyer Black Case with Clear side Panel, 550W 30A Gold PSU With Blue and UV Cold Cathodes

To-

3.2 (Maybe 3.4) GHz Pentium 4 800Mhz 2MB Cache Skt 775
Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe nForce 4 :D :D
Western Digital WD2000JS Caviar SE 200GB
Corsair 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR2 667MHz :D (Then the XMS :D )
Lg GDR8163BL 16x52 DVD ROM
Lite-On SHW-1635S 16X DVD±RW
Mitsumi Floppy Drive
Gigabyte GV-NX66256DP 256MB PCI-E - (Untill i can afford a 7800GTX, by the time i can they should be cheaper)
Super Flower SF-464T2-BK Rhythmic Black
Akasa Powerplus 550W PSU (4 12v Rails, see below)

All this would cost about £600

A few questions:
Are all the parts compatable with each other?

Anything i should change?

What is the total 12v Rails output?
They are: 13A 16A 18A 8A. Would this be 55A or is something else to add to that?

Anything else i should know?

Also, would it be worth upgrading to the Pentium D extreme edition later on? (It does cost £680 thought)

bigsaucybob

well if u plan on gaming u might wanna switch to a amd athlon or even a athlon x2. but the pentium d would be better for multitasking.

Geoff

VIP Member
instead of giving us the model number for the card, can you just tell us what it is.

And when you say 1GB DDR2 (then XMS), do you mean your giong to get rid of the corsair and get XMS?

And as bob said, amd would be best for gaming.

spamdos

yeh but that would be fine, you would have no problems, if you want to multitask as well you might as well stick with the P4 they are a good solid processor

helmie

Yep ill be doing a lot of multitasking, and yes i would love a FX-57, but its out of my league, and i do more video editing ect than gaming, so i think the Pentium D would be better.