The Google Verification Spiral

Frankiestein

I just did a factory reset on my phone and even though you back up data it doesn't restore everything and I have to log back into LastPass my password manager Google accounts and everything I keep a copy of a q code for Google Authenticator so I can bring that up right away which has codes for Gmail LastPass all kinds of stuff but when you set all of these accounts up with two Factor verification it just gets crazy Google is not letting me into Gmail if I go through the whole try another way forgot my password it keeps trying to give me a verification code actually two of the four options of the three or four options it's saying on try another way is get a verification code at email a that's the option twice and email a is the entire reason I'm going through this cuz I can't remember the password to that I can't use LastPass because it hasn't even though I use the correct password the master password it's telling me it wants to verify who I am through an email which I've never told it to do there's multiple layers of people trying to protect you and do things that you've never set up or at least for myself I have two Factor verification but they're very specific methods of verification I now cannot get into Google to my Gmail I've tried everything recovering my Gmail account one of the options is use the pattern or code for your phone I do that and it says it can't verify it and if you keep going down the whole try another way thing it says we don't have enough data basically sorry we can't tell you who you are even though you've put in the correct Google Authenticator code you put in the correct code that we text to you you've done the correct pattern on your phone we still don't know if it's you!!!

Frankiestein

Sorry, I was ranting using voice-to-text. I was able to use another device to get in but it was insane what I had to go through with verification. If I only had my phone (which is many people's scenario)... there was no way in.

Last edited: