The "Green" in RGB is not working!

romch

Okay, my monitor has goofed up on me this week and I think I've found the problem, but don't know how to fix it. I can see the screen and every now and then it loses the "green", so my screen almost looks black and white. Now, when it is running "normal", if I play anything in media player it is in "black and white" even though my desktop looks normal. Anyone know what is going on? Also, I noticed this started happening after I installed SPybot... think this could have anything to do with it? I want my color back :(

romch

Dang it... i would, but I'm actually at work right now and won't be home until later. I'll post it as soon as i can.

romch

HAHA! Well.. it's close. Anyway, anyone know what this problem could be? I noticed another thread with the same problem, but there was never an answer. I can adjust the red and blue, but when I go to adjust the greens, nothing happens. Could it be my video card? I wish I had another monitor to verify that it wasn't the monitor. At least that would lead me to the video card. :confused: :confused: :confused:

romch

Is that the cable running out of the monitor? I tried moving it up and down the cable, but it didn't fix anything. It's weird, I'll be using my pc and all of the sudden i get back and white. Then... after using it like this (and getting extremely annoyed), click it pops back to full color. :confused:

romch

Also, why would only media player turn "black and white"??? This is telling me that something might be going on with my software. I tried re-installing media player and it still won't play in color...hmmmm.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Did you have some codec heavily packed with spyware? Probably those are causing the problem after deleting their spyware...

romch

Exactly what i was thinking... so, I figured that re-installing the software would fix it, but that didn't help. Hmmm... i did try quicktime video and it works fine.. full color. it seems like right now my problem is isolated to media player. The desktop and everything else has been fine for the last two days. I wonder how i could re-install the codecs for media player and test it out?

romch

I think I may have figured it out. I bet I was using a codec that comes with spyware and once I deleted the codec or the spyware that must be available to use the codec, it made my media player lose color. So, when I get home I will try another mpg player and see if it works. Basically, this is what you were saying! :D

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
You can remove those codecs going in Device Manager / Sound, Video and Game controllers / Video Codecs / Properties tab.