The internet sales tax bill

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Depends on what you're buying. Newegg sells almost anything. The other place I buy high price items is Amazon.

tremmor

Just another way for the state to get money. thats it.
Mail is almost done in the states. Its automatic for most and transferrer.
buying on the Internet is common. it come up before about 10 yrs ago i think.
State wants a piece of the action. it will happen.
Home or business.

GaryCantley

Mail is almost done in the states..

I was actually thinking this yesterday while driving. "Could I do without the Postman visiting every day"?

Yes is my answer. Not sure how the older generation, that sounds good as I'm 49, would get on though.

Any money owed, like insurance claims could be paid direct to banks.

It will come in, probably not for another 10/15 years though.

DMGrier

VIP Member
It is a matter of time, there is money in internet sale and everyone wants some of it. Tremmor I didn't know you where on the Kitty Hawk? I remember helping more that ship in Bremerton, WA to Decom it.

tremmor

Yes. they mothballed it. Sunk it off the coast of Florida i think. A barrier reef. 1964 to 68 for me. A guided missile attack aircraft carrier. F4's phantoms, Spats, and copters. was the whip asss machine. Still stay in contact with two people. Was a shipfitter. (pipefitter).

DMGrier

VIP Member
Not sure where the laid the ship to rest, I was stationed in Washington state and they had a pretty impressive mothball fleet up their. Yeah the Navy is a hair different today as there are no more pipe fitters, they are all just HT (Haul Tech) now. Yeah my first ship went USNS but was the USS Emory S Land AS39 and my second ship I was on USS Shoup DDG 86.