The iPhone is coming to Verizon Wireless

tlarkin

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1579363 said:
I'm happier with actually having service where I go :D

Meh I use T-Mobile and I get service almost every where I go, but if I am paying for a data plan I want to be damn sure I can use it. Otherwise, what is the point if I cannot use it? Why even pay for it?

tech savvy

Meh I use T-Mobile and I get service almost every where I go, but if I am paying for a data plan I want to be damn sure I can use it. Otherwise, what is the point if I cannot use it? Why even pay for it?

i believe that verizon covers alot more of the U.S than T-Mobile does.

Geoff

VIP Member
It's actually cheaper for me on Verizon, I get unlimited data, text, m2m, and 450 minutes for $69.99 plus a 15% employer discount, so it's actually only $59.50 per month.

I had AT&T and it got great service in the city, but in the rural area I live and on the way to work I had little to no service.

tlarkin

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1579373 said:
It's actually cheaper for me on Verizon, I get unlimited data, text, m2m, and 450 minutes for $69.99 plus a 15% employer discount, so it's actually only $59.50 per month.

I had AT&T and it got great service in the city, but in the rural area I live and on the way to work I had little to no service.

My blackberry is Verizon and their phone service is great, but their data service is meh OK. Not horrible, not the best I have used. My iPhone is jailbroken and unlocked for T-Mobile. I pay $60 a month for 700 anytime mins, nights and weekends free, unlimited text, unlimited data. Which is $40 cheaper a month than AT&T's basic plan saving me $480 a year. Yeah now T-Mobile 3G network is also not the greatest I have used, but I would say it is on par with Verizon.

i believe that verizon covers alot more of the U.S than T-Mobile does.

At one point in time T-Mobile owned almost all the cell infrastructure and built most of it in the USA. They have sold some towers out and still own some towers as well. The towers they built in the USA mostly use Nokia technology. This is what I have been told by a buddy of mine who used to work for T-Mobile.

Geoff

VIP Member
My blackberry is Verizon and their phone service is great, but their data service is meh OK. Not horrible, not the best I have used. My iPhone is jailbroken and unlocked for T-Mobile. I pay $60 a month for 700 anytime mins, nights and weekends free, unlimited text, unlimited data. Which is $40 cheaper a month than AT&T's basic plan saving me $480 a year. Yeah now T-Mobile 3G network is also not the greatest I have used, but I would say it is on par with Verizon.
I don't talk much on the phone, I mainly use it for text/data, but for $60 per month on Verizon it's not bad!

Calibretto

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1579394 said:
I don't talk much on the phone, I mainly use it for text/data, but for $60 per month on Verizon it's not bad!
I'm paying somewhere around $70 I think on Verizon and it definitely isn't bad. I'm happy with my service. The only places I don't get good 3G at are in basements and such.

I also don't really care about data and voice at the same time. I'm sure there will be a couple times where I would want it, but I wouldn't die over it.

Droogie

looks like i'll have to wait until august when my contract is up :(

judging by apple marketing trends it'll be worth the wait though.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Verizon has better service than T-mobile, Verizon, Sprint etc. Basically it's the best overall service in the nation. I doubt i'll get the iPhone though, I'll stick with my Android phones :).

Geoff

VIP Member
Verizon has better service than T-mobile, Verizon, Sprint etc. Basically it's the best overall service in the nation. I doubt i'll get the iPhone though, I'll stick with my Android phones :).
There is no doubt about it that when looking at the whole country, Verizon has the most coverage. Granted coverage from AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc. may be better in your area, overall it doesn't compare.

I had an iPhone 3G for about a year and a half, then went to Verizon and got the original Motorola Droid. I love this phone, and I'm not sure if I am going to switch back to the iPhone or not. There are so many things I can do on my Droid that I can't do on the iPhone, but I do miss the look, feel, and smoothness of the iPhone.

bkribbs

I'm paying somewhere around $70 I think on Verizon and it definitely isn't bad. I'm happy with my service. The only places I don't get good 3G at are in basements and such.

I also don't really care about data and voice at the same time. I'm sure there will be a couple times where I would want it, but I wouldn't die over it.

That is exactly my opinion.

looks like i'll have to wait until august when my contract is up :(

judging by apple marketing trends it'll be worth the wait though.

It won't be as big an upgrade as the last one was, probably just removing the home button and adding radio(thats 50-50). But it will be worth it, because if the upgrades aren't any good, you can always just get the 4 for less.

[-0MEGA-];1579900 said:
There is no doubt about it that when looking at the whole country, Verizon has the most coverage. Granted coverage from AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc. may be better in your area, overall it doesn't compare.

I had an iPhone 3G for about a year and a half, then went to Verizon and got the original Motorola Droid. I love this phone, and I'm not sure if I am going to switch back to the iPhone or not. There are so many things I can do on my Droid that I can't do on the iPhone, but I do miss the look, feel, and smoothness of the iPhone.

On both of those posts, I would just have to say, I have a friend with the droid and my dad has the droid x. And I have an iPod touch, and a brother with the iphone 3gs. They both have advantages and disadvantages, but you really cant go wrong with either.

Geoff

VIP Member
On both of those posts, I would just have to say, I have a friend with the droid and my dad has the droid x. And I have an iPod touch, and a brother with the iphone 3gs. They both have advantages and disadvantages, but you really cant go wrong with either.
I've had both an iPhone and an Android phone, so I see both sides.