The links in "Favorites" under my bookmarks and the "Favorites" in C drive are not the same. How ca

baris evran

Hello. I went to Google Chrome, clicked on bookmarks , and deleted some of the links that I saved on my computer. Then I went to my C drive, and found "favorites" and realized that what i deleted under bookmarks was not really deleted from the C drive bookmarks. I re started the computer with the hopes of C drive recognizing what was deleted , but they are still there. Any recommendation ? Thank you much.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Bookmarks and Favorites are 2 different things. Bookmarks are for your chrome browser and Favorites are for Internet Explorer browser. You'll have to recreate them.

baris evran

Bookmarks and Favorites are 2 different things. Bookmarks are for your chrome browser and Favorites are for Internet Explorer browser. You'll have to recreate them.
Thank you! I appreciate. I understand your explanation. So, the bookmarks that i created would be where in my C drive then? I searched the word "bookmark" in C drive, i see some directories , but I cannot find a folder (like "favorites" for IE) where I can see my bookmarks.
Also, let's say I buy a brand new computer. How can I copy/paste all the bookmarks from my current computer to the new one?
Thanks John!

baris evran

C:/Users/Whatever-you-called-your-computer/Favourites
That is my point exactly. What comes up under "C:/Users/Whatever-you-called-your-computer/Favorites" is not under my bookmarks !

when I go to C:/Users/Whatever-you-called-your-computer/Favorites I don't see those links under bookmarks

AlienMenace

Like the others had said, for internet explorer (Edge) the path is c:/users/name/favorites/directories/bookmark
In Chrome I think you would have to go through your "Bookmark Manager". I don't use chrome, mine is Firefox.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
For browsers such as chrome and firefox you have to go into your bookmarks. For firefox its organize bookmarks and then export them to html. Possibly same or similar procedure for chrome. Once exported to html, then you just import that into internet explorer or any other browser. While IE favorites can be copied and pasted, other browsers have to be exported then imported. This is only because IE is integrated into the operating system while other browsers are not.

digzu

Like the others had said, for internet explorer (Edge) the path is c:/users/name/favorites/directories/bookmark
In Chrome I think you would have to go through your "Bookmark Manager". I don't use chrome, mine is Firefox.
for some reason Edge doesn’t use the bookmarks folder

UWP applications seem really disintegrated from the OS core and all over the place, idk why