The Macbook Air

Vizy

tlarkin, if I am able to, do you think it would be worth installing Leopard on my Dell? (Using Hackintosh, I believe). I would buy it, of course.

i know it was addressed to tlarkin, but i heard an update can screw you up.

tlarkin

VIP Member
tlarkin, if I am able to, do you think it would be worth installing Leopard on my Dell? (Using Hackintosh, I believe). I would buy it, of course.

Here is my take on it. I can't condone stealing an OS, or software for that matter. I know people who are developers and they work hard to make their products and you should pay for it. What I am a fan of though is try before you buy.

If you decide to run it on your Dell be aware that there are no warranties and your system may crash and you may have to wipe the drive.

If you do so and you like it, I strongly suggest you try to get a macintosh computer.

An interesting thing is going on and there may be a market shift soon, you may want to check out these guys, and while there was talks that it was a hoax, there have been articles confirming the changes the company made, and now they have a toll free number

http://www.psystar.com/index.php?&o...age=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=1&Itemid=72

The nitty gritty of the EULA means that Apple can legally break any and all third party compatibility. So a system update could render your PC useless if Apple decides to do so.

I haven't fussed with OS X x86 too much because I own several Macs, and PCs and have just used them for what they could do.

cohen

1. - Link isn't working....
2. - You can get a mac and install windows on it so you can have both. I went really recommend a mac to anyone. :eek::)