The New Mac Pro is a Beast!

It probably won't be available until 2019, but some pre-release material has been distributed by Apple in order to whet the appetite of the entities that would crave this sort of thing...

Here's a pic of the brain of the beast...

macprobrain.jpg

Now I use PCs, however, I am always hopeful with all of the new technology that's coming out.

According to this article...

https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac/best-pro-mac-2018-3661226/

"...Apple has promised that the new Mac Pro will be modular, so we are hoping for a return of the upgradability of the previous generation Mac Pro - this may well be what sets it apart from the iMac Pro. Being able to add new graphics cards and the latest processor down the line is something that Mac professionals have been crying out for since Apple released its current Mac Pro and discontinued the cheese-grater style Mac Pro..."

Any thoughts on the matter?

_Kyle_

I can guarantee it will be way more expensive than a Windows PC of the same or equal specs.

beers

Staff member
Darren, this beast-like thing is NOT a PC, it's an Apple, bro... ;)
Really, bro? They're all computers. The parallel is that upgradability shouldn't be heralded as a crazy new feature when Apple has intentionally removed it in previous iterations of their products. Since the MSRP of this will be completely outrageous based on 'new features' like this, the entire thing seems like a sham from a cost perspective.
What's that on @Lee Fitzsimmons's message?

Hmmmmm. :p
He simply combined multiple replies into one message.

I didn't combine my messages. Someone else did that.

...and I will willing obey the dogmatic assertion that you proclaimed, my lord...

I shall abide by thy every wish...

"Upgradability shouldn't be heralded as a crazy new feature"

I shall never herald upgradability as a new feature ever again for thy will is the law...

Please forgive me... :(

_Kyle_

I didn't combine my messages. Someone else did that.

...and I will willing obey the dogmatic assertion that you proclaimed, my lord...

I shall abide by thy every wish...

"Upgradability shouldn't be heralded as a crazy new feature"

I shall never herald upgradability as a new feature ever again for thy will is the law...

Please forgive me... :(
Been reading Shakespeare recently?

Intel_man

VIP Member
"...Apple has promised that the new Mac Pro will be modular, so we are hoping for a return of the upgradability of the previous generation Mac Pro - this may well be what sets it apart from the iMac Pro. Being able to add new graphics cards and the latest processor down the line is something that Mac professionals have been crying out for since Apple released its current Mac Pro and discontinued the cheese-grater style Mac Pro..."

Any thoughts on the matter?
Uh... nothing new per say. They literally just "activated" the thunderbolt ports to be able to run external GPUs on the OSX operating system. As an insult to injury type of ordeal, existing Macs with thunderbolt 3 ports that run Windows 10 on it are able to run eGPUs already. So it's really nothing new, but like most Apple fanbois, they treat it like it's a game changing new feature that was introduced to the world and how Apple made it happen.