The NON - BUDGET BUILD

Wow, have fun paying for that, the processor alone costs more than my next build. :P
But get the 64-bit version of the OS so you can support all 4GB of RAM ;).
Everything else looks great :)
 
Ouch:o

May I ask, why such an advanced system? The case processor and GPUs are kinda overboard IMO.

A Q9450 should do just fine, with maybe an X38/x48 board with 1 or 2 4870's in a cheaper case such as the Antec 1200 or somthing like that.
 
Exactly, but the performance difference between the GTX280 and the HD4870 isnt enough to justify that much of a price increase.

You can build a great system without spending the multi-thousands that your going to spend on the one you have here ;)
Consiter the things that I listed, it will save you LOTS of money in the end, and the small amount of better performance from your built isnt worth the huge chunk of extra money ;).
 
:eek:, lol I can remember you just asking for a budget build and now this :D. I'd say it's a little overkill, but it's up to you. Make sure you get 64 bit vista.
 
I think it's a waste of money. Use the extra money for something else. If I wanted to I could afford anything on the market right now but what are you really gonna get extra from a game with all that. It will still be just a game on a screen, nothing more. I can play anything with all settings maxed (execpt Crysis, gotta play on high) for about $2000 is what my last build cost me. That's an over kill and your just giving money to some company, might as well throw money out of your car window driving down the street.

But it will be a sick rig when complete! If I were to spend that much I would get a murderbox. They are the best computers you can get.

http://www.murderbox.com/

XION II case w/many mods
ASUS P5N-E 650i
Intel Q9300 @ 2.875 GHz
Corsair XMS2 Pro 4x1 GB
Evga 9800 GTX @ 750 MHz
Antec Neo power 650w
Samsung Syncmaster 22'' screen
Merc Stealth keyboard
 
Last edited:
Well, I need that case with liquid cooling, and all those fans so I can do MAJOR over clocking.

And I guess I will get 2 4870s, but do I have to change the motherboard so I can use those?
 
Yes, if you get the 4870's you will need a CrossFire compatible board with 2xPCI-E X16 slots.
So either an X38 or an X48 board. they are around the same price as the 790i you were going to get, most are even cheaper. ;)

And you can put liquid cooling in just about any case. The Antec 1200 has a couple holes in the back for easy liquid cooling installation. You can even get ThermalTake Armor cases with Liquid Cooling built in already i believe.
 
whoa thats one hell of a rig :D


yeah make sure 64 bit of windows or if you upgrade in the future your gonna be limited with 32 bit.

Btw,maybe im mistaken but was it not 2 days ago you were 15 years old?
:rolleyes:

Im 98% sure i looked at your username as i do with new members and you were 15 :D
 
Oh yes! Sorry about that, This comp I am on is really slow and it doesnt show the date/year/month thing for the b-day, but for some reason it was fast today and acually loaded it, so I changed it
 
It'll be out of date next year. Technology moves fast. Just get a decent build that'll last you a few years. And get those "awesome" parts a few years later for half price.
 
I know, Nvidia, intel, AMD, ATI, all those producing brands should just take a break for a year or 2 and let everyone catch up with technology =P
 
get a qx9650 instead of the qx9775(thats an lga 771 socket just to let you know), blackops x48 motherboard, cellshock ddr3(available at tankguys.com) and a pair of 4870 x2's when they become available, and get a silverstone tj07, very easy to watercool
 
Back
Top