The price of E8500 has dropped at newegg

It was supposed to be today, (21st) Don't know if it happened...

Would be awesome. I really want a Q9450...

But ive been advised to wait for Nehalem (LGA1366) as they are gonna be released at the end of the year (the time i wanna get my new computer).

Will be good for sales though
 
Is it worth buying now? Or will Nehalem be like going from Pentium 4 to Core 2 Duo (aka huge jump)?

Read the Wikipedia entry. I'm assuming we'll see a large peformance increase. The chips will use the new Intel QuickPath technology, replacing the FSB. This, I'm assuming, will significantly change the way we OC our CPUs. The stock clock speeds are suppose to be higher on the mid-range chips.

The prices right now are pretty good. The E8500 is worth it, IMO. It'll be awhile before Nehalem launches...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top