The Sidebar in Windows Vista...Gone?

/_\MECCA/_\

Alright...I tried almost everything I could possible think of to get my sidebar back because a few weeks ago it went missing(I was too busy to try & solve this problem the few past weeks btw).

I went to the Sidebar Properties myself(in Control Panel) & checked to make sure it WOULD startup when Vista boots up.

.....I rebooted & the sidebar never came up.

So I went into "System Configurations" & made sure it was checked to startup...but of course "sidebar.exe" wasn't even in the startup list.

After that I went to the Start Menu & RUN to run sidebar.exe manually......nothing came up(even after restarting Vista).

AFTER that...I went into C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar
to see if "sidebar.exe" was there..it was...even "settings.ini" for the sidebar was there.

I can't do System Restore because my restore dates don't go back to the time when my Sidebar went first missing. (and no..I can't do "Last Known Configuration" either because who knows how many times I restarted my computer over the last few weeks).

Does anyone have anymore ideas on how to get Vista's Sidebar back? I mean isn't there a feature where you can restore an individual file?..because maybe my sidebar.exe file might be damaged or corrupted.

BTW..make note of these:
-I ran my Norton Antivirus a couple days ago & it's currently up to date.

-When I go into the Properties>Shortcut of "Sidebar.exe"...in the "Start in" box it's blank. Is it suppose to be blank?

-I'm also logged in as the Administrator on Vista(since I'm the only user anyway).

ShoringFan

when u ran sidebar.exe manually, was there a "sidebar.exe" process in ur "Win Task Manager"?
if dont have it, maybe some files were damaged as u said. why dont copy a new sidebar from other,
or just use Vista setup disk to repair it.

Last edited: