The Sims 2

Igasm

Ok so after desperatly wanting to play this game I finally get it home... install it fine... go to load it up and I recieve an error message saying:

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0 Compatible graphic adapters in this system! P lease make sure you have DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manafacturer. The application will now terminate."

These are the minimum system requirements for the game:
If you have a T&L (info about what T&L is below) capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM (such as nvidia GeForce 2 or better or ATI Radeon 7000 or better) then you need at least:
800 MHz processor
256 MB RAM if Windows XP
128 MB RAM if Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows 2000
At least 3.5 gigs of free hard drive space
If you have a non-T&L capable video card (such as TNT2, Intel, or Rage for example) then you need at least:
2.0 GHz processor
256 MB RAM if Windows XP
128 MB RAM if Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows 2000
At least 3.5 gigs of free hard drive space
Recommened video cards (and the more video memory the better):
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
Nvidia Geforce 4

The only thing I am lacking is Ram I have 128mb..... and I am unsure about my video card what I have or what I need....

All I was wonder was if someone could help me by telling me what I may need to purchase or download to be able to play the game.
Thanks

kof2000

must be a pretter old card if it doesnt make use of the direct x 9 either get direct x if it fix the problem or get a new card.

ZER0X

VIP Member
If you don't reach 128mb then the game aint gonna load, or will load but be very choppy, and you also need a descent Graphics card. You might want to update your Graphics drivers.

If you want to find out what Graphics you have,
*RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP>PROPERTIES>SETTINGS TAB>Under Display it will show you what you have......and see if it compatable with the minimum requirements that you said above.

Igasm

oki doke i have randomly got hold of the nvidia geforce2 so i am in the process of installing it. (Ive never done this be4 and have no instructions how to do so) lol so anyway hopefully it will load and then at least i will be able to SEE the game slowly but surely.
Getting more ram this week too :)

kermit

just plug the card into the appropriate slot and install the cd that came with it. If one didn't come with it visit the nvidia website and download from there.

Also, get some more memory. It isn't that expensive and it'll help you out. Lastly, you may just consider getting a new system. For around $500 you can build an okay one that would play Sims 2.

Igasm

kermit said:
just plug the card into the appropriate slot and install the cd that came with it. If one didn't come with it visit the nvidia website and download from there.

Also, get some more memory. It isn't that expensive and it'll help you out. Lastly, you may just consider getting a new system. For around $500 you can build an okay one that would play Sims 2.

im gona have to update my whole system motherboard and all lol whole computer is like 3 yrs old and the new graphic cards wont fit in ah well thanks for the help guys :D

chadr6

If it won't fit in that must mean you don't have an AGP slot and in that case yes you do need a new motherboard.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Igasm said:
im gona have to update my whole system motherboard and all lol whole computer is like 3 yrs old and the new graphic cards wont fit in ah well thanks for the help guys :D

Yer you could, or you could get a Radeon 9200 PCI 64mb.......it'd run the game, but with that much RAM ........ :eek: