the sound of silence

mikekelly

hello there,

my laptop has lost all sound output, i have tried playing music ect but there is no sound at all.

i have checked the volume control in the control panel and everything is ok there, as far as i can tell i have not got any media programs on mute (windows media player or real player ect..)

but yesterday a leaking pipe sprayed some water over my laptop, although it wasnt very much(more like a few drops over my keyboard) and music was still playing shortly after that happend, it simply wont work when i have logged back on the following day.

is there anything else i can check before i ring dell and get them to send someone out ?

cheers
mike

Last edited:

Super_Nova

I think it's probably best that you don't let Dell know it was water damage that made your sound stop working. Water damage is usually not covered under warranty.

mikekelly

cheers guys, all i did was let dell know the problem. we ran a few tests over the phone and then asked questions like have you spilled anything in it ? i simply replied *cough cough no never cough* and i told them i didnt go near it with food or drink(or radiators lol). after that they were like, we wil send an agent out. he came out and replaced the whole motherboard and now everything is working fine :cool:

so thanks again.