The Star Wars Battlefront franchise

Calin

So EA has announced another Battlefront. I remember playing the original Battlefront from 2004 a lot, and going to every game store I knew, trying to find Battlefront II, which I finally managed to do and put at least 500h into it. Then a couple of years later the EA one came out. While it wasn't as good as the original ones it was still good. I hope this new one will be a bit less casual, which was my main issue with the first EA one and will have more content.

Punk

Staff member
Another one? Well maybe I'll try this one aswell. I do have hopes for it to be honest! I used to play batllefront on PS2, was hell of a fun!

Calin

Yep. Also it looks like it will have a SP campaign, I don't really care about campaigns in MP shooters but since this is Star Wars, I have high hopes for it.

Calin

Sorry for the massive bump but looks like Dice made a fantastic game and EA ****ed it all up and left a massive stain on the Star Wars name.
https://kotaku.com/ea-defense-of-star-wars-battlefront-ii-becomes-most-dow-1820396527
I hope Disney and Lucasfilm will revoke their license. I won't buy the game on release like I did with the original one and BF1. I will wait a bit then maybe get it from G2A or something like that.
And this game suffers from my biggest issue with modern games aswell: It lacks SLI. First Dice game I ever played that lacks SLI.
Edit: The gameplay is ok (I played the trial) and the SP is great (I've watched all cutscenes on Youtube :p) in my opinion. But the microtransaction bullshit they've been pulling since the beta combined with their corporate responses (see the article) and lack of SLI (for me) makes me feel disgusted with them.