The Witcher 2

jimmymac

VIP Member
Surprised this hasnt had its own thread yet, absolutely immense game!

The first was unfortunately a bit glitched but had a good story and was an enjoyable play, the sequel though is a masterpiece thus far. Its the first game thats really taxed my system and forced (i was looking for an excuse) me to upgrade to a GTX560Ti in order to appreciate how stunning it is.

Great story, much evolved combat system and all round a great game thus far

Troncoso

VIP Member
Surprised this hasnt had its own thread yet, absolutely immense game!

The first was unfortunately a bit glitched but had a good story and was an enjoyable play, the sequel though is a masterpiece thus far. Its the first game thats really taxed my system and forced (i was looking for an excuse) me to upgrade to a GTX560Ti in order to appreciate how stunning it is.

Great story, much evolved combat system and all round a great game thus far

Is it the same combat system as the first? I really couldn't get into that kind of gameplay

jimmymac

VIP Member
nope, evolved it quite well, it was far too easy in the first game. Now you really need to think a bit more, use magic, alchemy, the works, i've lost count how many times i've died so far so its posing a good challenge

wellhellothere

A couple of hours into this now; one of the best games i've played for a while. Graphics are amazing, attention to detail, the story, combat... everything is excellent. 10/10 so far.

I wish more developers would go back to making only PC titles

Masterfulks

I've been debating this. Nothing I want is coming out till later this year, and I see some good deals on it through steam and amazon.

Is there a version of it that can be resold? It seems like I was reading that the DRM or whatever was not put on the Witcher 2 for some sellers.

Another reason is it's a well reviewed PC only game. Just buying it to support PC's seems like a plan.

maroon1

Yea this game is very good. The graphics are by far much better than any other RPG game I ever played. The story is very good as well.

Aastii

VIP Member
I got a free copy, which I have yet to install. I have heard nothing but praise from the game though, so very excited to play it