There has to be a way to do this.

RavenPerch

Ok so in school, we are not allowed to run executable files such as .exe. I was wondering if there was a way to run it on such a system. Maybe a specially treated folder which allows the executable to run in a limited shell? I s there any software to do this? I tried renaming to .pif, .scr but they didnt work. the file is only around 10mb and is one of my coursework projects. Any way?

linkin

VIP Member
I wouldn't have a clue. why would you not be able to run .exe files? That's half the reason windows exists!

gamblingman

VIP Member
no

If your not allowed, then your not allowed. When try to circumvent this rule, cant you just do stuff at home?

And if some of its homework, tell someone in charge what you need to do. I'm sure they will find a way, within the rules.

linkin

VIP Member
They'll probably log in to an admin account for you.

Haha.. i just though of this:

Bring a windows XP install disc and create a new partition and install. that way you can get all your files and open .exe files. you could also get all the drivers. the only problem is the time consuming way of installing windows.

tlarkin

VIP Member
If your not allowed, then your not allowed. When try to circumvent this rule, cant you just do stuff at home?

And if some of its homework, tell someone in charge what you need to do. I'm sure they will find a way, within the rules.

That is the best answer on this thread. Group policy is probably not letting you run that program for many really good reasons. If this is actually school related I am sure your school's IT department can get a solution for you.

RavenPerch

Yeah,

I guess so, darn group policies... its a school computer anyway, executables can always harm and would definitely make the school go crazy if one was on their system....