There is a firefly inside my LCD screen!

mattym129

I've got a very stange question here...

The other day, I was happily surfing on my wireless-enabled laptop on the sofa, when I noticed a bug on my screen. I tried to get it off, but it was inside it! Watching it, I noticed it was moving.

Four days later and it has stopped. it is in the lower right-hand portion of my screen. Any chance of getting it out? it is behind the actual panel, but in front of the reflective backing - in between. It is very irritating.

Will it just drop down? Will I need to take my LCD apart? Please say its the former...

Matty. :confused:

TheChef

Haha. What a strange situation. I think you need to take the LCD apart. Unless you find the route the bug went in...

mattym129

I havent the foggiest kof2000. I was simply using my laptop, and there it was. I have sprayed the lid, which involved talking it apart. Prehaps it crawled in through a hole or something...

Anyway, do you reckon this will devalue my laptop? is it permanent?

Matty.

P.S: I'm going to sleep now, will reply tomorrow.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hey

If its dead body decides to remain in there, taking the thing apart could be necessary. However, it could drop down later as it dries up ;). It will not damage anything though.

JAN :D

apj101

VIP Member
I find that hard to belive, considering a TV is in a vacum.
could have been sealed in there prior to evacuating the air :D

i once saw a bug between the 2 sheet of glass in a seeled double glazing sheet (also a vacum)

NyRoN

yeah..bugs find themselves in wierd places...normally you take apart whatever they're in and clean it...dont think you should wait for it to drop out...unless you want to...

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
give it a good old fashioned shaking and see if it moves. If it doesnt then im afraid youll have to take it apart. I saw this in another thread about a week ago, there was like 4 or 5 thunderflies inside this guys TFT, creepy if ya ask me.

jjsevdt

If you have taken it apart before without damaging the screen and the bug is really annoying, I'd say do it, just be careful

mattym129

Hi Y'all!

Thanks for the replies!

Thanks for the info from people with the same problems - seems its not rare then.

I am worried about taking it apart. I kno LCDs are very delicate, and it seems I will have to take the layers apart, as the fly is just behind the actual LCD. Any other way?

Thanks, Matty. :eek:

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
haha

I am afraid you should have someone do it for ya. As for the bugs, my neon and especially the UV lighting are like a magnet for bugs, flies, mosquitos etc. It's quite sad. I have observed quite a few flying within the case only to be sucked in by my all-powerful fans....to be chopped into pieces. You think I am joking but seriously....you will not find the whole bug in my case. What a horrible death.

JAN :D

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
spinning at 5000rpm it doesnt have to be metal, it could be polestyrene and still splat the bug good and proper. Jan, it must be quite disgustiong cleaning out your fans after 10-15 bugs have been splatted on them, do you agree?