Thermaltake Soprano vs Antec 900

DSM1999

I would get the Antec 900, it has 3 120mm fans, it looks nice and it cools better than the Soprano. and both are Mid towers.

Last edited:

paratwa

The antec is a better looking case, but one pain in the rear to use. It is not a tooless case and has some weird drive cages. It is not like any other case I have worked on.

But, having said that. The Antec will keep anything you put inside of it nice and cool. It has 3 120mm fans and a 200mm fan on top of the case. The one I just built kept the Athlon 64 x2 6000+ at a nice 48c while running a burn in for 2 hours at 100% cpu utilization.

DirtyD86

banned
the 900 holds a special place in my heart. if you replace the stock fans with some good thermaltakes, your comp will be frosty

tuxify

IMO I like the Antec 900's looks and (from what I've heard) the performance. The Soprano looks kinda like a cheap version of the PS3, but that's just IMO. I'd go with the 900, because that's what I'm planning on doing.

mkjaekmi

me too. I'm tied with both. I want a good looking case, and there both good looking imo, i want a good performance i thinkt here both good performance, and I want 1 for gaming, and there both for gaming imo.

Hard to decide.

How tall are mid towers and tall towers? is it 19" for mid and 22" for tall? are those 2 the only sizes or is there such thing as small tower? Is it those small cases that's like 10" high? lol

Thank you

mkjaekmi

How tall are mid towers and tall towers? is it 19" for mid and 22" for tall? are those 2 the only sizes or is there such thing as small tower? Is it those small cases that's like 10" high?

and what color is antec900? black? cause in newegg's pic it looks blueish.

Last edited:

epidemik

How tall are mid towers and tall towers? is it 19" for mid and 22" for tall? are those 2 the only sizes or is there such thing as small tower? Is it those small cases that's like 10" high? lol

Thank you

The demensions are under specifications, yeah theres also smaller towers that house microATX boards if your looking for tiny...

mkjaekmi

Nah no way i'm gettin a small case. I prefer mid towers. Last thing I need to know is, is antec black or blue? Cause I saw that antec was black, but on newegg picture it's blue.

Thank you

epidemik

Black with a window with blue lights inside.
Fans in front are blue to...what pic are you refering to?

Schonza

The blue look is probably from the fans, and the angle on which the picture was taken, if you look at the other pics where the fans are not on, the case looks black. :) I agree, the 900 is a fantastic case, and I would pic it over the Soprano, as I PERSONALLY think it looks better, but that's just my 2 cents. Either way, you should be mighty happy.