think its a virus? freezes on videos

cohen

Still can you post a speedtest.net?? Some people think they have fast internet when in reality they dont.

that is what i was trying to get at.... some people say my internet speed is fast, but when you view the Show of your Speed thread, mine is slow compared to some peoples!

honda4life72

to clear everything up .

it freezes on anything, streaming from web , not steaming from web. adny time it wants to freeze. it just freezes more when u are watching stuff from the web. it started about a month ago i guess.

G25r8cer

^^ Yup yup So many people that dont know much about pc's pay way too much for a "fast" line and are really getting the speeds of dial-up.

Example: My mom's bf's work pays $80/month for a 3mb line and are really getting about a 2.2mb line. Even if it was a 3mb line they are still getting WAY ripped off. Heck my mom's bf pays $40/month for a 5mb line and standard tv. LOL

dznutz

if your computer freezes (TOTALLY LCOKED UP and you have to press restart) when viewing any videos then i'd suspect a codec issue. if you're using a codec pack (cccp/klite/etc) uninstall it along with other codec packs, restart, then reinstall the ones you need.

honda4life72

i can surf fast. like it takes no time to go from site to site? but i dont know nution about computers so i guess its slow lol. but why would it just freeze for no reason? i can let the whole video load then watch it and it will still freeze

G25r8cer

I recommend CCC pack. You dont need a codec pack however to watch vids on the internet. Make sure your flash plug-ins are up to date.