think your watercooling setup is impressive?

SSMUFF

Very impressive work. Could you cool your computer by just putting a chuck of dry ice in front of it? lol

just a noob

Very impressive work. Could you cool your computer by just putting a chuck of dry ice in front of it? lol

that would be a bad idea, dry ice gives off carbon dioxide, which gradually would replace the oxygen in a room, and second, thats just plain inefficient

Twist86

That is pretty impressive and nuts...though it would be better if he added a sides to make it a clean case vs having all the crap hang out like that.

Nums

That is pretty impressive and nuts...though it would be better if he added a sides to make it a clean case vs having all the crap hang out like that.

If you look a little further, he mentions something about making side panels later.

laznz1

after much thinking im considering doing it and i reckon it can be done under 100bucks (for me)

Can get a Broken AC unit for like $50 already got all the soldering gear and copper pipes arnt too much id love to know the temps hes getting before i even bother lol

tlarkin

VIP Member
With how fast technology changes and how fast you may be upgrading or rebuilding your system I just could never justify doing that. Nor would even ever thing about over clocking it at all.

I bet a mini fridge is probably cheaper, hell I see those things on sale at Target for like 40 bucks sometimes. You could just toss a frame in a mini fridge, then drill a few holes in it for wiring, and voila, you have a cooled computer.

laznz1

With how fast technology changes and how fast you may be upgrading or rebuilding your system I just could never justify doing that. Nor would even ever thing about over clocking it at all.

I bet a mini fridge is probably cheaper, hell I see those things on sale at Target for like 40 bucks sometimes. You could just toss a frame in a mini fridge, then drill a few holes in it for wiring, and voila, you have a cooled computer.

now there's a great idea!!!

just a noob

simply won't work, if you want to know why, the reason is that they simply can't take the load, the compressors aren't meant to be running 24/7 and would probably burn out within a week, and second, they have no load capacity because they a. use the wrong gas. and b. don't have a good enough condensor to hold that kind of a load. if you don't believe me, go out and try it, unless you throw something with really low heat loads( intel atom comes to mind)

tlarkin

VIP Member
simply won't work, if you want to know why, the reason is that they simply can't take the load, the compressors aren't meant to be running 24/7 and would probably burn out within a week, and second, they have no load capacity because they a. use the wrong gas. and b. don't have a good enough condensor to hold that kind of a load. if you don't believe me, go out and try it, unless you throw something with really low heat loads( intel atom comes to mind)

I used to have one in my old office and it ran 24/7 and it ran for three years straight while I worked there. It did not, however, have a computer inside it. It had bottled water and soda in it.