thinking about a Mesh Matrix Vector Plus, your thoughts?

cheeky_chappie

Hi all

I'm based in UK and am considering buying a PC from a UK company named Mesh, to be more specific the model I'm considering is this one:

http://www.meshcomputers.com/updated/matrix_2_2.htm

for those who don't want to visit the site here's the basic spec:

- AMD Athlon™ 64 3500+ Processor
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
- ASUS A8N-E PCI Express 939 Mainboard
- 1024MB DDR 400 RAM (PC3200) Memory
- 300GB Serial ATA (150Mb/s) Ultra Fast HDD
- 128MB nVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT - PCI Express
- 19" TFT Flat Panel LCD Monitor
- SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD-RW (R/W all standard formats)*
- 5.1 Surround Sound 6 Channel Audio
- Creative Labs Inspire T7900 - 7.1 Surround Speakers
- Internet Ready V.92 56Kbps data/fax/voice modem
- Network Ready integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Logitech Cordless Keyboard and Optical Mouse
- FREE Microsoft Works 8.0
- FREE Pinnacle Studio 9 SE Video Editing Software
- 3 Year Parts & Labour Warranty (Back to Base)

it'll be a massive improvement on my current system (approx. 6 years old, 600 Athlon, 128MB RAM, 40GB HDD) and it'll be used for photo / video editing, some gaming (not a hardcore gamer though) and watching the odd DVD.

When using PSP, PhotoShop, Dreamweaver etc on my current system it tends to process slowly, doesn't grind along but can be slow. Now that I'm going to starting some video editing decided I have to upgrade.

Do you think the system I'm going for is okay?

CC

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If you're going the professional route (video editing, photoshop etc), Intel would be the route to go. Furthermore, I'd wait until Dual Core makes its debut to knock the prices down :)

cheeky_chappie

Praetor said:
If you're going the professional route (video editing, photoshop etc), Intel would be the route to go. Furthermore, I'd wait until Dual Core makes its debut to knock the prices down :)
thanks for the tip ... i take it you mean when dual core launches older processor technologies will drop in price? only thing is i've read that amd will launch their dual around june, intel around september ... i was hoping to order quite soon but suppose i could hold out for a few months if it means saving some £ (or $ depending on where you are ;)) on an 'older' technology system.

as for my video editing, it won't be for professional purposes, yes i want the end result to look as professional as possible, but it ain't my job or anything. however, if you still think intel might be the way to go i could go for this system:

http://www.meshcomputers.com/updated/elite_1_5.htm

however i think the amd will suffice for my needs.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for the tip ... I take it you mean when dual core launches older processor technologies will drop in price? only thing is i've read that amd will launch their dual around june, intel around september ...
AMD's server launch is due in less than a week. Intel's desktop launch should be roughly around then.

as for my video editing, it won't be for professional purposes, yes I want the end result to look as professional as possible, but it ain't my job or anything. however, if you still think intel might be the way to go I could go for this system:
By professional i mean not-games.

Thats a decent looking Intel system but unfortunately we dont get to see all the real specs :(