Thinking about a new case

Fatback

VIP Member
For the price, the godspeed two is a great case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811103025

The fans are flared out, as to give the maximum amount of room inside the case, and they are 180mm fans, so they move more air than a 120mm, but run slower and therefore are less noisy. Plus you get two 80mm top fans, and room to add a 120mm fan in both the front and back, and the best part is all the fans are on a speed controller on the rear panel. Best case for the price right now imo.

I have looked at the godspeed before the only thing I don't like is that the PSU is a little hard to get in and I'm a little worried about how the cable management is going to be I don't see any room in there to hide cables.

ScottALot

It does have a PSU/Case combo deal.

Still, I think it's kinda ugly due to the longer than taller look...

Fatback

VIP Member
It does have a PSU/Case combo deal.

Still, I think it's kinda ugly due to the longer than taller look...

I don't think it's ugly or anything I love it's big brother the Xclio windtunnel but I don't know if it's what I won't. I have been looking at the beta again and I'm starting to like it it would save me the hassle of painting the inside and the cooling is pretty good. The only thing is it says it hold 7 120MM fans I have done 2 builds with the beta and I didn't see 7 places for 120MM fans of course I wasn't looking for them but I don't recall any besides the front,back, and side.

Fatback

VIP Member
If you've been building for so long, you should know the quality of those cheap $30-40 cases (although there are some exceptions) get yourself a good case, even if you have to save $10-20 more.

A little bit off budget but definitely a quality case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146025

Yea the apollo is a pretty good case but If I did get one it would have to be the orange one. I have pretty much forgot about every case I have looked at and looking at some new ones I was wanting a side window but I am thinking of getting one without and just adding one later.

bomberboysk

I don't think it's ugly or anything I love it's big brother the Xclio windtunnel but I don't know if it's what I won't. I have been looking at the beta again and I'm starting to like it it would save me the hassle of painting the inside and the cooling is pretty good. The only thing is it says it hold 7 120MM fans I have done 2 builds with the beta and I didn't see 7 places for 120MM fans of course I wasn't looking for them but I don't recall any besides the front,back, and side.
Not really that hard to paint the inside of a case, plus the beta doesnt have 7 places for 120mm fans, that has to be a misprint. (I love the xclio cases, the godspeed is a good sturdy case;))

Fatback

VIP Member
Not really that hard to paint the inside of a case, plus the beta doesnt have 7 places for 120mm fans, that has to be a misprint. (I love the xclio cases, the godspeed is a good sturdy case;))

Yea it has to be a misprint or something there is no way 7 120MM fans are going in that thing. I like the godspeed have you used it or do you know how the cable management is my corsair PSU has a lot of cables and with the mesh the cables are fat. With my current case I have most of the cables hidden behind the back panel but I had to bend the panel out and barely got it on I don't won't to have to do that with my next case.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Yea the apollo is a pretty good case but If I did get one it would have to be the orange one. I have pretty much forgot about every case I have looked at and looking at some new ones I was wanting a side window but I am thinking of getting one without and just adding one later.

The Orange NZXT Apollo looks sexy! I'm telling you from experience. I had one for a little over a year.

Fatback

VIP Member
The Orange NZXT Apollo looks sexy! I'm telling you from experience. I had one for a little over a year.

I have never seen the orange one in person only the black and blue one the orange with orange or black interior would looks really good. I went to the arts and crafts store today and looked at some spray paint it's about $3 a can and I would need 2 cans a primer 2 cans of what color I pick and I can of clear coat so about $15 worth of paint defiantly worth it.

Fatback

VIP Member
I have decide to go with the godspeed I just hope that the cable management will be good I don't won't to have to bend my case all to hell again.

Fatback

VIP Member
I guess the advantage of the long case is good airflow, so good choice

Yea well nothing is lock down yet I could still change my mind but I don't know I'm going to do some research on the godspeed and see how the cable management is and if I should have to cut some holes. My case I have now has a lot of holes in the motherboard try for cable management but not enough room behind the back panel to hide the ones I don't need.

ScottALot

Well I think the length will cut down on cable mess because everything will be straight and manageable.

Fatback

VIP Member
Well I think the length will cut down on cable mess because everything will be straight and manageable.

I don't know if you have ever seen how long the cables are on the corsair power supply but they are about 2feet maybe more. I am still sketchy on the godspeed I've been researching it and seems it has little to no cable management this is a big problem for me since I have no tools to cut holes with plus I have a lot of cables. By the time I was to buy a dremel or something I would save money by buying a $100 case.

bomberboysk

I don't know if you have ever seen how long the cables are on the corsair power supply but they are about 2feet maybe more. I am still sketchy on the godspeed I've been researching it and seems it has little to no cable management this is a big problem for me since I have no tools to cut holes with plus I have a lot of cables. By the time I was to buy a dremel or something I would save money by buying a $100 case.
Surely someone you know has a dremel or something similar?