Thinking About a new computer

techjunkie08

I recently built the computer im running now about 4-6 months ago. I think its time for an upgrade. Although im pretty good with computers im not totally sure what i should get.

I have a

AMD ATHlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
2.21 GHZ
2 GB OF Ram
A plain silver alienware case with a blue light on the left its open
Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT
MOBo is a Jetway M26GT3-SVP
Realtek 8150 Wireless PCI Card

I know I want an intel processor for sure, my only problem is coming up with the other accessories to go with it.

I might have to replace the case, as on the right side the plexy did crack from me hitting it while playing COD2 3 floors up from my router.

Ive run Cod5, cod2, adobe design premium all at the same time with relatively no problems. I just wanna make it go faster.

I also have an HP dv6000 Laptop however, it is going back to HP this week now that i reformatted my computer because of the 84 and 86 nvidia chipsets ****ing up the wireless.

Thats HP Pavillion DV6000
AMD Mobile Turion x2 64
1.5 GB of ram
Standard chipeset, 84 or 86 series.

I think a 17' monitor not sure. Also has the entertainment system but I use that for my desktop.

What could i get for trade in or sell value for the computers I've listed? And what would you recommend me getting? I was thinking about a mac book, or just building another desktop. I would like to have both and possibly keep my laptop and upgrade that later.... A desktop is my main priority and I want to custom build it. I only wanna put in an extra $300 from what my computer is worth, possibly 350 for the time being.

Any help?

daisymtc

Personally suggest $300 upgrade. Sell your AMD CPU, Motherboard & Graphic card
Get
Intel E7400 + GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L +SAPPHIRE 100265L Radeon HD 4830 512MB

techjunkie08

IM gonna need something that can run, COD 2, COD5, Adobe Design Premium, Powerdirector 7, and a couple other big programs with no trouble, things work good on ehre as long as many programs aren't runnning at once.

hpi

banned
Intel > Amd for multitasking.

LOL at the macbook Idea.

Yeah that's not the greatest of gpu's. I'm not gonna reccomend anything as ive been out of the computer world for a while and don't know all the hardware that's come out anymore.

techjunkie08

Oh, the mac book was for video editing my bad. So i could obtain Final Cut Pro.

My computer will get $300 at the computer store so i could afford another $300 or $350 to either build another one... or add on. What about AMD PHenoms?

HxCore

I don t see a reason why you would run 2 games with photoshop at the same time. get intel E8400 170$ some decent cooling for it and o/c it to 4ghz, if you want a quad get the q6600 for 200$ and o/c to 3.6ghz. For the GPU u need at least 2 of the newest ATI cards or a GTX 280 (320$) to run smoothly any newer games. For photoshop id suggest buying more ram at least 2gigs more which would add up to like 20$. If your psu is under 600W then find some decent PSU under 100$ thats 600w or more, make sure the fan is 120mm and not 80mm, which makes alot of noise

atentora

You don't need 2 GPUs, one HD 4870 would be fine. I agree that you should sell and use what you have to get a new one, specially if you want to go Intel. RAM is pretty cheap, so you could get 2x2gb for around $50.

techjunkie08

What I was thinking is keeping what i have for now..... And swapping out the Mobo and CPU and upgrading to a quad core. Possibly an intel dual core. Keeping the 8600 GT graphics card for the time being. I talked to my buddy at teh computer shop he said $300 for it. $400 with my monitor.

I don't plan on running the programs at once, i plan on having many gigs of ram, but then i have to switch to 64 bit XP or vista. Which is another $100, not too sure what i want to do..