thinking ahead

davidandbess

New Member
Hi, a few months ago my comp would not start up properly
it never got past the compaq first screen, I looked about for suggestions and found to my success the art of cleaning out the inside of your comp is where some problems lie.
Anyway once it started up it was ok untill I had to shut it down again, I think the reason was it was going awful slow, but when I tried to start up again same thing happened it would'nt boot up past the into screen from Compaq again all I did was give it a dusting out with a vacuum and the dust remover spray and just really checking everything was connected properly and again it started up, my fear now is I'm about to put in more ram and I'm afraid when I power off I won,t be able to get it started again, is there anyway I can check everything before I power off .
Thanking you in advance David
 
No.

I'm not sure I completely understand your question. If you shut it down completely right now, and then power it back up, it boots into Windows just fine right?

If not, then you have problems that should be addressed before adding RAM. Please post back here w/ a detailed description of what the computer does at boot up.

If so, then just be very careful not to knock anything loose while you're setting in your new RAM in place, and be sure that it's properly seated. Everything should boot up normally.

Cheers! :D
 
No it does not even get by the first introduction screen as in the manufactors Compaq,you hear all the normal noise then it will not do nothing it goes kinda silent.
 
Back
Top