This may sound funny...

Luchman

But I need some convincing..

Im having second thoughts about building a gaming computer. All I can seem to find is horror stories (specifically found on Nvidias forums) about people having tons of game problems. Blue screens, black screens, games simply not working, driver issues, XP/Vista issues...It seems a lot of these problems just become unsolved...

I would absolutely hate to spend $1500 on a new computer and have problems, when I have a computer right now that is pretty much problem free but just doesn't perform "super spectacularly."

Do you guys think its worth the "risk?"

In your experiences, how often are problems like these found?

I need some reassuring... :eek:

Thanks!

xxxalpinexxx80

you shouldnt experience anything wrong, if somethings wrong or brocken rma it and get it back for free, otherwise that just make sure you know how to install video card drivers from the cd or internet and windows n stuff

chupacabra

I don't see why are you so afraid of something so insignificant, there are much worst things than just wasting 1500$ and probably no getting a single error or one or two at most (unless UPS ****ed up and broke everything lol)

computerhakk

VIP Member
But I need some convincing..

Im having second thoughts about building a gaming computer. All I can seem to find is horror stories (specifically found on Nvidias forums) about people having tons of game problems. Blue screens, black screens, games simply not working, driver issues, XP/Vista issues...It seems a lot of these problems just become unsolved...

I would absolutely hate to spend $1500 on a new computer and have problems, when I have a computer right now that is pretty much problem free but just doesn't perform "super spectacularly."

Do you guys think its worth the "risk?"

In your experiences, how often are problems like these found?

I need some reassuring... :eek:

Thanks!
If you have never done so before or troubleshooted yourself out in a situation that you just described, their is a potential risk. 1500$ is a lot of money and it would be a real bummer.

Most of those problems can be related to memory. Their inability to find the correct driver at the manufacture's website. More importantly, finding out first if it'll work with Vista. etc.

With google in this day and age, almost every problem can be solved if you search hard enough.

hNic

in reality...$1500 is not a lot of money...it only SOUNDS like a lot of money....

also...the risks ur worried about are miniscule...u have a software problem...google it...come here...wutever...hardware...return for a new one....

You Will Be Fine! :)

wizle

If an old dude, like myself, can do it, you young whipper snappers should have no problem. When I built mine, I was lucky. Not a single error, I put it all together and it fired up,D/L all the drivers and it has been fine for 2 mths now

PC eye

banned
in reality...$1500 is not a lot of money...it only SOUNDS like a lot of money....

also...the risks ur worried about are miniscule...u have a software problem...google it...come here...wutever...hardware...return for a new one....

You Will Be Fine! :)

That depends on the budget you have to work with. Not everyone can simply rush out for the latest "bells and whistles" just because someone else did for bragging rights.

The key to a good build despite the problems others create for themselves when not taking things one thing at a time to insure the best results is to simply first gather the needed information on hardware specifications so you know what supports what and not but the wrong hardwares for the board as one thought. You wouldn't buy 2gb dimms for a board that can only run the 1gb size dimm. You don't install XP drivers if you are going with Vista.

These things for the most part are simply common sense items where you take one step at a time to be able to double check yourself as you go along. The next time I will even have to install Windows again will be due to an upgrade of board, cpu, and memory from DDR to DDR2.

PC eye

banned
And then there are those times when buying a new prebuilt system where "something" doesn't seem to want to work. :p That's what's called a return policy and service warranty there. "what's with this thing? :confused: " "you bought a prebuilt junker from us! :D " as the greedy salesman smiles and you go :eek: !!! :mad: GGGgggrrrr!