This 'Sync' Thing?

W.D._Person

I put "sync, android" into the search engine here and the first post shown was back a year or so ago and all others on page one seemed to be older, so if I have made an error, please forgive me. The possible error being this topic is already covered in another thread.

The thing is, I am wary of this sync stuff. As I dig deeper into this small device called a smart phone, or such, I sense that sync stuff seems like a neat trick to force products on us that we might not normally consider using.

I'm kind of wondering if anyone would care to engage me in a conversation on this?

I'm also giving serious consideration to simply knocking all Google stuff off this Android thing I have been given by my family.

In one of the early stages of my studying the basics of this device I think I saw some site/page that outlined how to get rid of all sorts of stuff on the phone. I'm beginning to wonder just how far I can go with that?

BUT I am much more interested in the whole concept that we are sort of forced to "sync" software with Google this-and-that? But some folks get upset when that sort of question is raised. I'm obviously not a very trusting person, but I am not some conspiracy fanatic. I do think we have a problem with high tech, but I do not think it was originally any sort of conspiracy. I think everyone sort of fell into a kind of sinkhole without realizing it. A sinkhole I would call a drive to earn revenue (maybe 'greed' [but that is impolite]). And it has gotten out of control.

Earning revenue is an ancient concept of humans, but we may have stumbled into the worst case situation, where the drive to earn revenue is wiping out our privacy that took hundreds of years to gain from governments and such. The amount of information that high tech has stored on all sorts of Earth citizens is staggering. But it seems if a person starts discussion of that they get branded a troublemaker. Plus being an old man doesn't help with understanding a new style of thought I seem to see. The thought that all that information we hand out is no big deal.

Surprisingly, I think the citizens of some nations are becoming more aware of this danger than in my native land, the U.S. of A. And, yes, I live in another nation and have been doing so for many decades. Staff here can see my IP address, but I'll stay off publicly offering that bit of information about myself for now. I'm new here and have to get a handle on the citizens of this Net community and see if I can sense any trust with y'all. Please forgive my default attitude of waiting to be able to trust.

Oh yes, and please forgive me for long posts.

By the way, to the owner(s), you've got a pretty neat platform here. I've seen many over the years, and have a few myself, and so I think it is a valid observation that your forum landing page is pretty neat. And, so far, the sub-forums. Of course, this XenForo platform is from outside this community. Still, pretty cool.

My goodness, this is a long post, isn't it?

W.D._Person

Forgive me, but how can you understand deeper into my mind if I am too brief? I apologize, but I view that sort of response to be one of many problems with communications on the Internet these last 10 years or so. Folks want the Twitter style. And all we have are, essentially, written words to get a feel for the deeper thinking of another human and so if it gets too brief we are likely to misunderstand one or more aspects of a post. So I guess your response pretty much puts a halt to this discussion.

Again, I apologize. Sayonara.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Syncing means having the same availability of things from one device to another. If you use chrome on your pc and on your phone then you want to have your bookmarks and site login information available on both devices so its easier.
Forgive me, but how can you understand deeper into my mind if I am too brief?
We like things brief and to the point with the correct info. A lot of members post too much info that isn't needed or not the right info so it takes days of replying back and forth instead of only 1. It once took a week to get the member to answer a question that I asked like 3 other times.