Thoughts and Opinions on this AMD CPU?

Sully365

Looking into building a new desktop, I want it to be small and light on the power consumption. Its only for playing CSS, Mount and Blade, and Star Wars the Old Republic in addition to office work, some light CAD, and simple number crunching for school. I have a thread with a purposed build but have been looking since then and found this new AMD chip which I hadn't heard about before.

Its an FM1 socket, 2.9ghz quad core with what appears to be fairly beastly integrated graphics if such a thing existed.

32nm? pretty sure I've only ever owned 65nm cpus.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103942

Thoughts? Opinions?

jonnyp11

the price is actually fine since it's as good or better than a 90 buck athlon, with the gpu performance of a 70+ buck card, so take 20 off and you get it, although the upgrading side of things isn't looking good at this point for a faster cpu, but it should be fine for now, and it has its own version of Xfire that allows it to work with certain radeon cards to boost performance, it's not going to be the fastes around, but for light gaming it is a good little card for a budget gamer.

and for competing with the I series from intel, amd's bulldozer is supposed to launch soon, but the cheapest model will be just around 1990, and the cheapest compatible mobo currently is ~100, and there is no guarentee that it will compete, i hope it will, but i have to say it's not looking too good for them at this point.