Thoughts on Acer V Nitro 17.3inch gaming laptop

dark_angel

I'm looking at getting a laptop to replace my desktop as I'm not using the desktop much now. I use a small 13.3 Toshiba laptop at work and general typing etc but limited space on it to make it my main pc.

I'm looking at the gaming laptops as they tend to have the bigger specs. I mostly use lightroom for a lot of photo editing/management and some other cyberlink programs to make photo slideshows.

Looking at Acer V Nitro 17.3inch Core i7 GTX 960M 256GB SSD+2TB Gaming Notebook
http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Notebooks/Gaming_Notebooks/59344-NX.MUTSA.005-C77

Battery life not a problem as it will be plugged in most of the time. Burn a lot of photos to dvd but blueray player could be handy to backup(backup) photos if i found cheap disks.

Shlouski

VIP Member
You are looking to replace your desktop with something less powerful, that you will mostly leave plugged in and use just like a desktop. I don't see the point unless you are super restricted on space or you need to perform demanding tasks on the move, in which case then ok. You know you can also use your desktop through your laptop to perform any demanding tasks faster and automatically backup your data to it.