three monitors ,0 graphics card,1 men with no clue

yoeriiii

okay this is my problem i hope you can help me because i don't now it anymore.

this is want: i want 3 monitors running smoothly.

what i currently have: 2 monitors + 1 i am gonna buy
-monitor one 1 vga 1 dvi-d (using dvi-d)
-monitor two 1 vga (in use)
-monitor three 1 vga 1hdmi 1 usb (its actually a tv but ,he :rolleyes:)
and now the complicated bit i got no video card because i have a processor handeling it
its a AMD A serie A8-5600K - 3.6 GHz - 4 cores - 4mb cache - socket FM2
so my plugs are in my motherboard
(Gigabyte GA-F255M-DS2 - motherboard - microATX -socket FM2 -AMD A55 )
which has 1 dvi-d and 1 avg (and other useless stuf)

so i also found out that you can have multiple graphics cards ,but can that also for my processor?
because i enjoy using this one (i recommend it if you are on a low budget) and if i just can buy a cheap graphics card whit vga dvi-d and hdmi (or something like that) that would be great (right?)

so pls help me if you now anything useful and already thanks for reading this and thinking with me!;)

(also can maybe use a usb-hdmi coverter? thx again!)

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure you'll need a dedicated video card to run 3 monitors at once. The onboard video on the cpu just won't cut it if you want 3 monitors.

Last edited:

lincsman

grab an Nvidia GTX 750 if you just want basic use on a budget. It has 2 DVI ports, one HDMI and one VGA. So yeah when you get something like that I would just disable the onboard graphics to avoid complications (device manager).

yoeriiii

first thanks for the fast reply!

but my current processor is AMD would that not clash with the NVidia card ,or would they just accept each other?
and would it chance my game graphics, because of the (is assume) take over from the graphics card?
and i know that the motherboard inserts will be deselected for devices but does that include all the inserts (usb)?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't matter what processor you have. Any card will go with any processor.
and i know that the motherboard inserts will be deselected for devices but does that include all the inserts (usb)?
Not sure what you are talking about here. usb's won't change. Once you install a dedicated card, it should automatically disable onboard video.

yoeriiii

i meant that if you install a graphics card the motherboard doesn't take a signal from the vga and dvi-d inserts,but also the usb is my question

and can i just buy any graphics card or do i need a proper card?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What about the usb's? As I said, usb's won't change, you can still use them. You don't use usb for video. The video card usually has dvi, vga, hdmi ports also display port. To get the third monitor working, you most likely have to use the display port.

lincsman

unless you are buying a high end card, yeah you can buy any video card as long as it is PCI-Express (and if it's not it is really, really old). Nvidia won't clash with your processor, no worries there. With your amount of knowledge I would go to a store and tell them what you plan to use it for with the 3 monitors and they will take it from there, but like I was saying the GTX 750 is probably the best one you should get unless you are gaming with new games or you are running high end video editing software. The only reason why you would need a better card than that is if you are doing high end gaming or something like that. If you want to buy a top of the line card you will need to make sure your power supply is good enough and you will need proper cooling in your case, and I mean that in both ways - your case will need good cooling for a top end card.