Thunderbold, DVI and HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

joannawittmozer

Dear It specialits
I need help to determine if.
1. Is HDMI digital or analog video standard?
2. Is DVI digital or analog video standard?
3. Is SATA a serial bus for computer components?
4. Is thunderbold other name for high speed USB standard?

These are questions for my final test I am not sure correct answer.
Please help if anyone have a knowledge in this area...

Laquer Head

1. HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a proprietary audio/video interface for transmitting uncompressed video data and compressed or uncompressed digital audio data from an HDMI-compliant source device, such as a display controller, to a compatible computer monitor, video projector, digital television, or digital audio device.[4] HDMI is a digital replacement for analog video standards.

2. Digital Visual Interface (DVI) is a video display interface developed by the Digital Display Working Group (DDWG). The digital interface is used to connect a video source, such as a video display controller, to a display device, such as a computer monitor.

3. Serial ATA (SATA, abbreviated from Serial AT Attachment)[2] is a computer bus interface that connects host bus adapters to mass storage devices such as hard disk drives, optical drives, and solid-state drives. Serial ATA succeeded the older Parallel ATA (PATA) standard,[a] offering several advantages over the older interface: reduced cable size and cost (seven conductors instead of 40 or 80), native hot swapping, faster data transfer through higher signaling rates, and more efficient transfer through an (optional) I/O queuing protocol.

4. Thunderbolt is the brand name of a hardware interface developed by Intel that allows the connection of external peripherals to a computer. Thunderbolt 1 and 2 use the same connector as Mini DisplayPort (MDP), whereas Thunderbolt 3 uses USB Type-C. It was initially developed and marketed under the name Light Peak, and first sold as part of a consumer product on February 24, 2011.[1]

Thunderbolt combines PCI Express (PCIe) and DisplayPort (DP) into one serial signal, and additionally provides DC power, all in one cable. Up to six peripherals may be supported by one connector through various topologies.

joannawittmozer

I know how to use wikipedia and google. I wrote to ask somebody who has knowledge in mind and understands issues to help the beginner. The problem is not to find whole article about the question the problem is in understanding. I said that I do not understand fully the basics and asked to be sure correct answer. So HDMI is a digital video standard, as well as DVI and SATA is serial bus for computer components? Right? What about thunderbold? Can it be called usb standard while Thunderbolt 3 uses USB Type-C ?

Geoff

VIP Member
What do you think the "D" in DVI stands for? What about the "S" in SATA?

*Thunderbolt.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but these are very basic questions. If you do not know the answer to them, you need to study more. Simply knowing the answers does not help you get the knowledge you need to actually perform these related tasks.

Laquer Head

Dear It specialits

What exactly are you taking that your being tested on if these are the types of questions you need answers to?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I know how to use wikipedia and google. I wrote to ask somebody who has knowledge in mind and understands issues to help the beginner. The problem is not to find whole article about the question the problem is in understanding. I said that I do not understand fully the basics and asked to be sure correct answer. So HDMI is a digital video standard, as well as DVI and SATA is serial bus for computer components? Right? What about thunderbold? Can it be called usb standard while Thunderbolt 3 uses USB Type-C ?
The thing is, the answers are easily wiki or google-able. Hence the hostility.

If you have questions beyond "Can Thunderbolt 1 and 2 be called USB while Thunderbolt 3 can be called USB Type C", then by all means ask those. It doesn't make a lot of sense for us to pass your test.

Laquer Head

..I'm sorry to be blunt, but these are very basic questions. If you do not know the answer to them, you need to study more. Simply knowing the answers does not help you get the knowledge you need to actually perform these related tasks.
Pretty much this, these are like self explanatory questions, if what I posted isn't enough, I recommend you just drop out now!

Can't even count how many times some random joins this forum, asks obvious homework questions cause they are lazy, then disappear..never to be seen again. This is what you are doing and this is why your getting the hostile attitudes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.