To Build or not to build?

johnnyb58

Member
I have built every computer I ever owned, about 6, except the very first one, which was a Tandy 1000. Every time I finish a computer a new faster one with more bells & whistles comes out that is cheaper than the one I just built. I just ordered a new motherboard and CPU to upgrade my existing one. I stopped by BestBuy yesterday for some other stuff and there was an open-box computer on sale that I think is better than the one I got for $699. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...8430f&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1203815924103

I’ve been thinking about this all night, should I buy this?

I don't really need this new computer because I just ordered a GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 MOTHERBOARD with an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz Processor to upgrade my multimedia computer running on Windows XP Media, but it appears that the HP may be better than the one I got.
 
the HP is nice, bad video card though. if its only $699 i would consider it, but you could certainly build that system for less
 
I started building because my first computer had the video card that was built into the motherboard and I couldn’t upgrade. Now every time I want to upgrade something, I discover everything else has also advanced, like ram, video, hard drives or something. Each time I build a computer it costs me around $1500 which only lasts about a year before it is obsolete. Each time I spend at least a month of research and price hunting for the perfect setup for me. I can just run out and buy a complete system for around $1200 on sale and all I need to do is plug it in and I’m done. I also have a warranty.
 
Back
Top